- About IntegraNet
- Our Services
- News & Announcements
- Contact Us
IntegraNet’s Hospitalist Program
“Hospitalist” is the term used for physicians specializing in the care of hospitalized patients. The role of a hospitalist over the past 15 years has evolved due to effectiveness, convenience, and the ability to provide cost-effective patient care. Most importantly, hospitalists provide more individualized and coordinated care for the hospitalized patient. Hospitalists can also alleviate the time and financial constraints for primary care physicians, allowing them to concentrate on their clinical practice.
Most hospitalists are board certified internists or family practice physicians. Research shows that hospitalists reduce the length of stay, treatment costs and improve the overall efficiency of care for hospitalized patients. Hospitalists are leaders on several quality improvement initiatives in key areas including transitions of care, co-management of patients, reducing hospital acquired diseases and optimizing the care of patients.
IntegraNet follows the Hospitalist Model, requiring our Hospitalists to see all hospitalized members affiliated with our contracted health plans.
Advantages for the patient:
• More experienced in caring for the complicated hospital patient
• Spending most of their day in the hospital, they are more available to care for patients and meet with family members for conferences related to patient care
• Quickly facilitate patient flow: following up with test results, responding to nurses’ concerns, and coordinating specialty care;
• Usually able to see patients more than once daily.
Advantages for the provider:
• Quality of care
• Feedback to the PCP within 24 hours of discharge
For a list of IntegraNet’s Hospitalists and the Inpatient Management Network, please click the link below:
IntegraNet Acute Care Hospitalist List (PDF format)
Search the site:
Tagsaco bravo chc cme community health choice emr forbes gcrec hcms health care healthcare reform houston business journal integranet ipo meeting ipo meetings malpractice insurance meaningful use medicus meeting meetings obamacare risk management texas medical association texmed 2012 trade show universal universal health value added services webinar wellcare